Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The first post . . .

There's nothing like a good dose of personal humiliation to thrust you into the world of blogging. Maybe it's the need to air your personal embarassments in a semi-public forum. As if putting it out there for the whole world to read somehow lessens the shame of it all . . . but knowing that it is somewhat "anonymous" makes it feel safe.

So here's the deal . . . I got busted violating my company's "ethics and decency code pertaining to internet use." Nice.

There's nothing like getting a call from our boss saying "We need to talk." Apparently our IT department had been monitoring my internet usage. I work from home, so in order to access my work e-mail, our databases, etc I have to sign into the company network. And evidently, when you do that, NOTHING is private, including my personal e-mails on my Yahoo account.

So you might think "What's the big deal?" Weeeelllll . . . I trade some VERY risque e-mails with the boy I'm seeing at the moment. And when I say risque, I mean totally vulgar, sexual, crazy shit. In other words, NOTHING you want the President of the company you work or your boss reading . . . which is exactly what happened. I am MORTIFIED. I could crawl under my couch and DIE. I mean, I can be a FREAKY CHICK. NOT something you want your boss to know about you.

So, needless to say, I now use my personal laptop for anything not having something to do with work.

I am a nasty, nasty girl. There, I said it. Moving on . . .

As I said on my profile, I decided to do this blog because I read and enjoy so many other blogs on a daily basis (see Shout Outs) . . . I figured I'd contribute something to the blogging world as well, instead of just sitting and sucking up the clever and insightful posts of others.

Problem is, I have no idea what to write about. I guess I could write about my life. It's not very interesting I don't think . . . however my therapist said to me today that I have a life full of drama and issues, and that I consistently have a dichotomy in my life. Hmmm. True? Yes. Probably. I guess so. In theory my life should be very simple. I have no children. I have a cute shih tzu puppy who is the love of my life. Yes, I do have a somewhat compicated personal life. And I do have a somewhat interesting "life story" I guess . . .but that is primarily because of bad life choices, which resulted in some crazy shit happening. But I'm basically a normal girl, living in Austin, Texas, who loves to read, shop, and play with her puppy . . . oh, and who gets busted for indencency.

But I really am a nice girl. Keep reading . . . you'll see ;-)

Caio.

~ T.A.C.

No comments: